Why Choose Marble Countertops for Your Kitchen?
Marble countertops are breathtaking and a natural stone that works well in kitchens and bathrooms alike. If you are on the fence about purchasing marble countertops for your home, we have compiled a few reasons why going with marble could be the best investment.
A Few Good Reasons to Consider Marble Countertops
Marble countertops are in high demand and for good reason. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they come in a wide range of patterns and colours to suit almost any kitchen need. Furthermore, you can customize your marble countertops to suit your kitchen’s style, by adjusting the edges, looking for colour lines, and more.
Here are a few reasons to consider using marble in your kitchen update:
• Heat-Resistant – Marble is a heat-resistant stone; therefore, it holds up well when you put hot pans on it. That is why you see marble on fireplace surrounds because it holds up to heat without cracking or wearing down.
• Affordability – Compared to other stone countertops, marble is expensive. However, in the long run, you will have an investment that pays you back, especially when you see how much value it adds to your home. There are also affordable styles of marble countertops that might surprise you with how cheap they can be.
• Durability – Marble countertops can withstand scratching, cracking, and breaking; therefore, they are ideal for busy counter surfaces like kitchens.
• Distinctive Beauty – You want to set your kitchen design apart from the rest, and marble can do that. Marble is made from sedimentary dolomite and limestone through a natural process; therefore, it has beauty, cracks, and lines that you will not find in any synthetic or manmade stone product.
• Longevity – You purchase marble countertops, and you have a surface that you get to enjoy for life. They are incredibly durable, and when sealed and installed correctly, they can last your home a lifetime.
While marble is an excellent surface, it is not for everyone. It does absorb liquid and stains; therefore, you need to wipe up spills as quickly as you can. Also, if the marble is not sealed, it will become porous and could become a bacteria housing hazard. Therefore, make sure you re-seal once a year to avoid that concern.
Find Beautiful Marble Countertops for Your Home in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, St. Albert, and the Fort Saskatchewan Areas
Ready to look at marble and see the beauty first hand? Come to PF Custom Countertops and let our team help you find the right marble countertops for your home’s style and budget. We carry a full selection of colours and marbling designs, so you can find one that speaks to you.
You can also contact us online or call us at 888-484-0831 to learn more about our marble and natural stone countertops in the Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert area.