The Most Popular Countertop Materials of 2018
Have you ever walked into a friend’s kitchen and been “wowed” with the colors or style choices? That little something extra is about more than just a superior sense of interior design. Much of it has to do with their choice of countertops and how they interact with the rest of the room. Custom made countertops give you the power to make your kitchen or bathroom uniquely your own. With new technologies combined with classic materials, the possibilities are endless.
PF Custom Countertops has an entire showroom full of countertops that range from the classic to the innovative. This can help you get some idea of how colors, styles, and textures work with the rest of the kitchen or bathroom to bring your dreams to fruition. The most popular countertop materials have sided with more natural stone options like quartz, granite, and marble—but even these materials are being infused with fresh ideas and new design choices.
Custom Countertop Ideas that Can Transform Your SpaceIf you can imagine it, we can create it. Don’t be afraid to bring your “larger than life” ideas to the design table. These are just a few options to consider if you’re unsure of what you’d like:
- Think Bright: Bright colors have become a wonderful way to bring life to your kitchen and bathroom countertops. Vintage reds and turquoise greens have started to redefine the quintessential country or modern engineered stone or laminate countertops. In some instances, wood can be stained or detailed to include a wide variety of color options as well.
- Hidden Treasures: Embedded countertops have been a huge hit for those who want a little bit of mystery or a historical edge to their organic décor. While marble and granite countertops already bring that natural texture to life, embedded stone or engineered countertops can include everything from fossils to personalized mementos.
- Customize Your Finish: A little added texture can add a dimension to the countertops and create eye candy for the design aficionado. Whether you’re using natural stone countertops or a manufactured variety, be sure to ask about the finishes available and how they impact the countertops as a whole.
- Embrace Edge Treatments: Bring a classic to life by inquiring about scalloped, round over edge, or other edge treatments. These can change the way that the eye is drawn to your counterspace and the overall style of the room.
- Create Your Own Inlays: Whether you love floral patterns or specific shapes, custom cabinet manufacturers can add inlays of your choice at intervals along your countertops. This is a great way to make the space a little more “you.”