Opening or Remodeling Your Edmonton Restaurant? Now is the Time to Consider Your Countertop Options
Whether you are opening a brand-new establishment or remodeling your current restaurant, bar or nightclub, now is the perfect time to think about countertops.
Your busy kitchen areas, bar surfaces, and even the hostess’s desk all need a surface that can withstand the high traffic, hot plates, and spills. While the most popular surface is often stainless steel for inside the kitchen, the other countertop surfaces do not have to use the same industrial-like surface. Instead, choose from something that is durable, and aesthetically pleasing, like granite, natural stone, or even quartz.
Exploring Your Options for Commercial Countertops
You want a unique look that is sophisticated, durable, and cost-effective for your restaurant. While you are designing your restaurant or bar’s countertops, here are a few options to keep in mind:
1. Granite Countertop: Granite is one of the more popular choices for the commercial setting. It comes in a variety of colours and patterns and is relatively easy to repair if damage does occur. It needs regular sealing, but when installed and sealed correctly, it can withstand most types of use and will serve to match your other restaurant décor. The seal is sensitive to specific cleaning agents, and it does come with a higher price tag compared to other material.
2. Quartz Countertop: Quartz is non-porous, making it ideal for food. It has patterns that can resemble granite, and in a nightclub or bar setting, the crystals in the quartz reflect nicely with the lighting. Quartz is priced similarly to granite, and repairs can be more difficult than other choices. However, it does not require the same sealing and is more resistant to stains than granite.
3. Marble Countertop: Marble is exquisite, offers a unique array of patterns and colours, and complements the modern and traditional restaurant styles. It is soft and porous, which means it requires more maintenance. As an accent piece, it might be ideal, but for high-traffic use, it is not the best choice as it will wear quickly.
4. Laminate Countertop: Laminate today comes in stunning styles that look like granite and marble, but without the high price tag. Laminate is by far the more affordable material, but with that budget-friendly cost comes a higher risk for scratches and chips. You may need replacements more often with laminate over natural stone, only because laminate wears down easily.
5. Corian Countertop: Corian is a solid surface that mimics natural stone and offers a seamless appearance. It is resistant to bacteria so is an ideal choice for food preparation areas. It is easily repaired and holds up well to daily use, but it can scratch easily compared to other natural stone.
Now is the Time to Upgrade Your Restaurant Countertop Surfaces
If you are remodeling your current restaurant or you recently purchased a food service establishment and you are ready to update the countertops, come to PF Custom Countertops. Browse our showroom and see these surfaces in action, choose from a variety of colours and edges, and completely customize your space. Our team can help you with your commercial countertop needs, including bars, nightclubs, hostess desks, serving counters, and more.
Contact us online or call us toll-free in Alberta at 1-888-484-0831 to learn more about our natural stone countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert areas.