Investing in Quartz Countertops? Here is Everything You Need to Know
Countertops usually create a statement and set the theme of your home décor. They are a long-term investment, and you don’t really change them every few years. Before actually committing to a material, why not find out everything about it from the experts. If quartz is the option that you are drawn toward, get answers to all potential questions from your Edmonton experts, PF Custom Countertops.
Key Features of Quartz Countertops
Quartz, or engineered stone is a manmade material that comprises 93% natural quartz and 7% polymer, resins, and color pigments. Due to its high durability, low maintenance, and an array of color and finish options, this material offers a tempting alternative to natural stone countertops. Here is what you should know if you are looking to add this elegant material to your kitchen or bathrooms:
• Interior Use: Apart from counter surfaces, quartz works beautifully for other interior spaces such as laundry rooms, islands, backsplashes, wet bars, shower enclosures and fireplace surrounds. However, it is not an ideal material for outdoor spaces, as it will fade with prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
• Stain Resistance: This material is stain-resistant and does not require periodic resealing to maintain its resistant properties. It can repel blemishes from wine, oil, coffee, and even make-up spills. However, to avoid any potential discoloration, you should ideally use a trivet while placing hot pots and pans on the countertop.
• Easy Maintenance: Due to their non-porous surface, quartz countertops are easy to care for, and less likely to harbour bacteria. For daily cleaning, a mild dish soap and water is all you need. If there is any hardened material, you can just gently scrape it off with a plastic putty knife.
• Scratch Resistance: While this surface is resistant to scratches and stains, it is not completely scratch or stain proof. Ideally, you will need to use a cutting board while chopping, and avoid use of any abrasive cleaners or pads. You will also have to be careful while dragging heavy items such as ceramic pots on quartz.
• Warranty and Repairs: Being an engineered stone, quartz comes with a material warranty that ranges from 1 year to a lifetime, depending on the manufacturer. For any chipped edges or scratches from harsh use, you will need to call a professional for repairs and fixes.
Smart Choices for Quartz Countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert Areas
To select your favourite countertop surface, visit our showroom and see the colours, finishes and options for yourself. At PF Custom Countertops, we carry a wide selection from some of the biggest names in quartz. See samples from Caesarstone®, Zodiaq® by Dupont, HanStone® by Hanwha Surfaces, Viatera® by LG, and SileStone®. Visit our Edmonton showroom to get a closer look at this material, and also check out a range of other materials such as granite, laminate, marble, and more.
Remember to ask our knowledgeable staff about decorative edges that make your countertops stand out even more. Our experienced craftsmen will accordingly create the right edges that beautifully compliment the theme of your room.
If you are unable to visit our Edmonton showroom, call us toll-free at 888-484-0831 or contact us online to discuss your countertop requirements.