Here is Why Granite Countertops are Still a Top Choice for Homes
Granite countertops are like Jewellery for your home. There are hundreds of wild to exotic colors and types that can dress up any home. It can be used in Kitchens/islands, bathroom, laundry, bars and even outdoors…think outside kitchen. And there is a good reason for it. The visual appeal of natural veining and colors cannot be reproduced by any manufacturer and while some might call it an “outdated” material, in reality, granite was the “original” premium surface and never goes out of style.
Trends come and go with countertops; therefore, if you want counters that perform and look naturally upscale - Granite is the right product.
The Biggest Reasons to Use Granite Countertops
Whether you are installing granite countertops for a Sherwood Park bathroom renovation or looking to update your hotel’s counter in St. Albert, there are plenty of reasons to choose granite over the other options.
Some reasons contractors, designers, and homeowners all love granite include:
• Extremely Durable: Granite is a slab of natural stone. The harder a countertop material, the stronger it is. Most natural stone is so hard you can cut with a knife on it and dull your knife before you permanently damage the stone.
• Limited Maintenance Required: Cleaning up is your maintenance. As a shiny polished surface you will find you will wash and buff dry…that all you have to do. No matter what your research shows from the internet … Not all granites need to be sealed, and sealers are now permanent. PF uses the best premium permanent sealer on the market which has an expected life of 20 years. No annual application.
• Extended Countertop Life: Because Granite is so hard and scratch resistant you will find that wearing out/looking worn is not something that will happen in your kitchen. We have 15yr old installs that still look like the day they were installed.
• 100’s of Colours and patterns: Granite has the most choice when it comes to colors and pattern/veining. From off whites, yellows, browns, greens, blues and blacks and every shade in-between, you can find most colors with natural stone. The patterns in Granite go from fine solid colors to dramatic contrasting thick veins. Some colors/patterning are so striking that they are considered “Art” As a Rule the more colorful and dramatic, the more expensive the stone will be.
• Affordable: It is a myth that Granite is the most expensive countertop material. The rarest and most stunning granites are the most expensive, but both Granite and Quartz start at the same basic price per square foot. The price of Granite is a perfect example of a supply – demand model. The more a color is in demand, the more we have to pay for the slabs, and it can change without notice. The better the supply of a specific color … the more reasonable the price we have to pay for the slab.
Find Your Ideal Granite Countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert Today
PF Custom Countertops offers a full range of high-quality granite surfaces. Whether you are looking for residential or commercial applications, our team can help you find the right colour and handle the installation for you.
To give you that customized look, we also offer decorative edges over the standard square edge. Choose from bevel top, eased, ogee over bullnose, traditional, and other edges so that your countertops flow seamlessly from the surface to the edge to your cabinetry below.
To see the styles, colours, and possibilities of granite, come browse through our showroom at PF Custom Countertops. If you are ready to buy, get your quote for granite countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert in-store while you browse.
You can also contact us online or call us at 888-484-0831 to find out more about our natural stone options.