Function and Design: Consider a Butcher Block Countertop for Your Home
Design trends play a big role in determining the right countertops for your space. Many people choose their new finishes depending on what is popular and trendy at the moment. Sometimes, it can be more practical and effective to select based on function. Butcher blocks are a great design feature that offer charm, personality, and increased counter space in the kitchen.
With PF Custom Countertops, you don’t have to sacrifice looks to find a countertop that is functional and fits your lifestyle and needs in the kitchen, bathroom, or bar. Whether you are interested in granite countertops, laminate countertops, natural stone options, or quartz countertops, we can customize a countertop solution for your space. We provide detailed services from selection to maintenance for countertops in Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, St. Albert, and Edmonton.
Add a Butcher Block to Your Kitchen Countertops in your Edmonton Home
Here is some useful information to help you choose the right options for your butcher block:
• How it is Made – These sturdy counters are made of thick strips of hardwood that are glued together. The type of wood can be customized and there are many options to make the counter suit your home and match or complement existing finishes. Maple, oak, walnut, and cherry are some popular choices. What is right for you will depend on your personal preference and needs in the kitchen.
• Long Lasting – One of the most noted benefits of butcher blocks are their sturdiness. They are built to be solid and can fulfill different requirements depending on your needs. Timeless in terms of style and function, this a great choice for someone who wants to get years of use from their counters.
• Cutting – Some butcher blocks can be used for food preparation and act in place of a cutting board if they are left unsealed.
• Easy Cleaning – If you are not interested in using your butcher block for cutting, you can opt to have it sealed to make the surface water resistant. The seal will also protect the surface, reducing wear and fading.
• Refinishing – Many people enjoy the fact that butcher blocks can easily and affordably be sanded and refinished in the future. This offers you the flexibility to enjoy counters that are like new without a full renovation when you change the stain or finish.
Butcher Block Countertops in Edmonton
Looking for a counter to enhance your space? If you are in need of extra counter space, have a beautiful historical home, or want a warm area people can congregate around, consider a butcher block. PF Custom Countertops in Edmonton can walk you through your options for natural stone countertops, granite, wood, and quartz counters in Alberta.
Call us toll-free at 888-484-0831 or visit our Edmonton showroom. You can also contact us online with your questions about butcher blocks or other custom countertops.