Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Quartz Countertops
Quartz has been available for more than 20 years, but only in the past 5 years has it become a cost effective option for kitchens and bathrooms.
As a high-end surface material, quartz competes against Granite and Solid Surfaces alike, and usually comes out on top. With its beauty, customization options, and extreme durability, quartz countertops in Edmonton homes boost value and aesthetics at every turn.
If you are remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, you might be considering quartz over the other options out there. Before you dive into that pool, it is best to familiarize yourself with quartz and see if it is the right choice for your project.
What is Quartz, and What Makes It So Great?
Quartz is a market term used to describe engineered stone. It is made of 93% natural quartz and 7% polymer resins & pigments for color. The quartz mineral is composed of oxygen and silicon atoms. The mineral is typically translucent to white in color. You might be surprised to hear that it is the second most abundant mineral in the world. Quartz is also a hard mineral that produces a durable shiny surface.
Here is why quartz is the material of choice for many homes today:
• Awesome Color Selection: Over 300 available through different manufacturers offering wide and diverse color availability. Multiple shades of whites, earthy browns, greys, primary colors and the most popular Marble with gray and brown veining ranging from soft and whimsical to stark and pronounced. For some designs, small amounts of recycled glass or reflective silver flecks are added to the mix.
• Consistent Colors: Manufacturers samples in our showroom are an excellent indication of colors produced. With Granite samples each slab is an individual, and samples are only an approximation of the color available at any given time.
• New Surface Finishes: Once only available in polished finish, now some manufacturers are offering select colors in honed, sandblasted and embossed treatments for a unique appearance with no sacrifice in durability.
• No Sealing Required: Compared to other natural stone, like marble and granite, your quartz countertops will not require sealing. Instead, the resins used to make the quartz itself are the sealant, and they are permanent.
• Manufacturer’s Warranty: Because Quartz is an engineered stone; it comes with a material warranty ranging from 1 year to limited lifetime depending on manufacturer.
While quartz has its positives, there are is one drawback too. Because it is colored with a pigment it is not suitable for outdoor applications. Dark and Vivid Colors will fade with time.
Quartz countertops in the Edmonton area will start at the same price as granite but are more than solid surface counters. Pricing varies between Quality brands and off shore brands, and so does the warranty… Use caution when deciding between brands .
Pick Out Your Perfect Quartz Countertops for Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert Today
At PF Custom Countertops, we carry an array of quartz countertops that you can install in your home, office, or commercial building. Quartz is classy, durable, and offers the aesthetics of natural stone.
We offer the biggest names in quartz, including Zodiaq by DuPont, Hanstone by Hanwha Surfaces, Caesarstone, Viatera by LG, and SileStone by Cosentino & Wilson Art Quartz
Find your perfect quartz countertop in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert by visiting the showroom at PF Custom Countertops. Do not forget to check out our decorative edges that help you add more flare and personality to your counters.
You can also contact us online or call us at 888-484-0831 to find out more about your quartz countertops and services.