Engineered Stone Countertops: Are they the Right Choice for Your Kitchen?
You may have heard the term “engineered stone” and wondered what it was, but in reality, you have seen it, and someone you know probably has it in their home.
Engineered stone is used in quartz countertops, and they are widely popular today. If you are remodeling your kitchen or replacing the countertops, quartz could be an excellent option for your renovation.
The Benefits of Quartz Countertops in Edmonton Area Homes
Most homeowners jump on the granite train when they replace counters, but one option they may have overlooked is quartz.
Quartz is gaining traction thanks to home improvement and renovation shows highlighting its beauty, value, and durability. If you are on the fence about whether to pay extra for a quartz surface, here are a few reasons to consider it:
- Mimics Other Stone Surfaces: Quartz slabs can simulate the colour and texture of other natural stone countertops. While it lacks the variation like a slab of natural granite, quartz is breathtaking. The colours of engineered stone are enhanced with dyes to achieve certain looks too.
- Rich and Uniform: It mimics the colour of the natural stone, but it is also rich and uniform, which makes design matching easier.
- Incredibly Strong and Durable: Engineered stone surfaces are hard. When installed correctly, they will not crack or fracture – and they are less delicate than granite. Also, quartz is scratch and heat-resistant.
- Easier Clean Up and More Sanitary: Natural stone countertops, even with sealant, have pores and fissures. When porous, they can soak up liquids and stains, making them harder to clean. You must frequently seal your granite and other natural stone surfaces to reduce this issue. However, quartz is a single solid surface without pores or fissures, making it more sanitary because it does not soak up bacteria or store it, stain resistant because it has no pores to absorb, and much easier to clean.
- Great Value Retention: Yes, quartz is an investment, but one that is worth it in the end. While it does not command the same price as marble countertops, it certainly adds value to your home, and buyers may prefer a quartz surface because of its ease and durability over other natural stone surfaces. Quartz surfaces are also covered by a manufacturer warrantee that can be lifetime, depending on the brand.
- Less Finicky: Certain stone surfaces you must be extra careful with, including how you clean or use them. You will not need to seal your quartz annually and it is more durable and does not require the same precautions as marble, soapstone, or other natural stones.
See Quartz Countertops in Person in Alberta Today
The best way to assess if quartz or engineered stone is right for your kitchen is to see it and feel it in person. Run your hands along the smooth surface that mimics granite and look at the options you can use to transform your kitchen into a master chef’s dream kitchen by visiting the PF Custom Countertops showroom.
Contact us online or call us toll-free at 1-888-484-0831 to learn more about our quartz countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan and St. Albert, Alberta.