Debunking Common Misconceptions about Your Countertops
Installing new countertops is a popular way to transform the look and feel of your kitchen and bathroom. Unfortunately, there is also a lot of false information about these features concerning everything from being high maintenance to being cancer causing. While alarming, these notions are simply untrue. Luckily, we are here to help you learn more about custom countertops so you are prepared to care for and maintain them in your home.
5 Common Myths about Countertops
Countertops can be found in almost every home across the country. However, you may have also heard a few misconceptions about them that would make any homeowner stop and think about whether they are worth the investment. Our knowledgeable team aims to debunk these, so you can enjoy your countertop and have peace of mind.
• Granite Emits Harmful Chemicals – One of the most common misconceptions about countertops, specifically granite, is that it is an unsafe material to use inside the home. Currently, there is no proof health in any that having granite countertops increases radon levels or negatively affects your way. In fact, the biggest source of radioactive gas emissions actually comes from the soil underneath your home.
• Requires a Lot of Maintenance – While any surface that is used on a daily basis requires some maintenance, countertops typically don’t require any special treatment if they are cared for properly over time and professionally sealed upon installation. Depending on what stone you have chosen, you may have to reseal your countertops occasionally to keep them in good condition.
• Cleaning is a Difficult Task – While preparing food, your kitchen countertops will accumulate spills and crumbs that need to be cleaned. No matter what type of stone you have in your kitchen, the clean up can be easily done with a simple solution of warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh cleaners or bleach as these could strip away the sealant and damage your countertops.
• Countertops are Unhygienic – While many homeowners are under the impression that countertops harbour bacteria and have properties that can contaminate our food, this could not be further from the truth. Germs and bacteria are unable to penetrate into the surface of your countertops unless you fail to wipe them down properly.
• Installation is Expensive – While prices vary depending on the stone, colours, and design you choose, high-quality countertops don’t have to be expensive and there are several options that will fit into your budget. Furthermore, when it’s time to put your house on the market, granite, marble and quartz countertops offer a substantial ROI.
New Countertops for Your Home in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert Areas
If you are searching for new countertops, you have come to the right place. We carry a wide selection of materials including granite, quartz, laminate, and solid surfaces to help you achieve your design goals with respect to your budget. What are you waiting for? Stop in at PF Custom Countertops for quality workmanship and products you can trust.
You can also contact us online or call us at 1-888-484-0831 to learn more about our granite, marble, quartz, natural stone, and laminate countertops in the Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert areas in Alberta.