Are Marble Countertops a Good Choice for Your Bathroom?
With so many natural stone options to choose from, how do you know what will work best in your home? If you are searching for new bathroom countertops, consider choosing marble. This type of stone is an ideal surface for areas around your home that don’t experience heavy use, such as the bathroom, since marble can be delicate in nature. As marble makes its way into more and more homes each year, we are here to help you weigh all your options to ensure that this is the ideal stone choice for your home.
The Pros and Cons of Marble Countertops for Your Bathroom
We understand that selecting the right countertop for your bathroom is an extremely important decision. Not only do you want it to last, but you want to make sure that you get a good ROI if you decide to sell. The following is a list of pros and cons to help you make the right choice for your home:
• Visual Appeal – One of the main draws of marble is its beauty and timeless quality. Choose from a wide variety of colours and shades including rose, green, gray, white, and more. In addition, since no two slabs show the same patterns, each piece of stone is unique and therefore, an extremely appealing quality for some.
• Heat Resistant – Marble has the unique ability to resist high temperatures without becoming damaged. Therefore, it is a great choice to install in your bathroom especially if you frequently use hair styling tools. This material is also very durable and won’t break down on you over time.
• Versatility – This stone is incredibly versatile and because of its unique characteristics and finishes, it can be used in a number of different design styles. For instance, aged marble would suit an old world design scheme, while a sealed and protected slab would fit seamlessly into a contemporary themed home.
• Soft Stone – Marble is a softer, more porous stone than some of the other popular natural stones such as granite or quartz. That means it is more susceptible to damage caused by contact with water which is almost unavoidable in a bathroom. However, if you choose the right finishing and take care of your countertops, it can save your marble from premature aging.
• Maintenance and Care – Since pores can collect bacteria and attract stains more easily, it is vital that you take care of and maintain your bathroom marble countertops on a regular basis. While it may not seem like much, failing to wipe down these stones can lead to other, more costly issues down the line.
• Expensive – Marble slabs can be hard on your wallet and typically costs more than other types of natural stones. If this stone is not sealed correctly, it is more susceptible to damage, and therefore, may cost you more to repair or replace.
Visit Our Showroom to Find Marble Countertops for Your Bathroom Today
Are marble countertops the right choice for you? If so, we guarantee that you will find what you are looking for at PF Custom Countertops. If you have decided that marble is not suitable for your needs, you can find an alternative solution when you visit our showroom. We carry only the highest-quality products and our team is ready to deliver helpful solutions to enhance any room in your home.
You can also contact us online or call us at 1-888-484-0831 to ask about our marble and other natural stone countertops available in the Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert areas in Alberta.