A Guide to an Easy Bathroom Remodel
You are ready to take the plunge and update your bathroom, but where do you start? Before you rip anything out or start scheduling consultations with a contractor, the first step is to understand the process and set some realistic boundaries for your remodel. The more prepared you are, the smoother the process might be, and the fewer headaches you may experience.
Advice from Your Alberta Pros in Natural Stone Countertops
At PF Custom Countertops, we help clients remodel their bathrooms and transform them from outdated into extraordinary. So, to help get you started, we have created a mini guide about the process.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you start the upgrade:
- Set a Remodel Budget: All efficient and successful remodels start with a well-planned budget. While you might want to upgrade to a luxurious, spa-like bathroom, how realistic is that for the funds you have on-hand? Sit down and look at the total costs for your remodel, including countertop upgrades, fixtures, paint, plumbing (if you are moving anything around), cabinetry, and lights.
- Do Not Forget a Fresh Coat of Paint: Even if you are only replacing the granite countertops in your Edmonton bathroom, you still need a fresh coat of paint. This simple item goes a long way when it comes to a remodel. Not only does it change up the look, but it also removes any fading from frequent use and steam, and gives your bathroom a fresh “new” smell. Go for a paint choice you can live with for a few years, because that bold, bright red colour might be something you enjoy today, but will it be something you want to see three years from now?
- Update Light Fixtures: Light fixtures are a relatively affordable way to update a bathroom without a full renovation. For a more luxurious feel, consider installing a chandelier. If you need to re-wire or upgrade anything electrical, it is best to consult with an electrician and make sure everything is not only done to code but is also safe.
- Update Drawer Pulls and Handles: Instead of replacing your cabinetry, update the pulls and handles in the bathroom instead. Even if you went with antique pulls and handles, it would still be cheaper than replacing the entire cabinet.
- Replace Countertops: A fresh, brand-new countertop goes a long way. Even better, counters are more affordable than most homeowners realize. If you have outdated or worn laminate, consider updating to granite, marble, or another type of natural stone countertop in your Alberta home.
Contact the Local Professionals for Your Countertop Needs
PF Custom Countertops has a vast selection of granite, marble, quartz, and laminate countertops in the Edmonton and Sherwood Park area. When you are ready to update your bathroom, come see various types of countertops on display in our showroom. Then, let us help you install your countertops for a beautiful, fresh finish.
Contact us online or call us toll-free at 1-888-484-0831 to ask about our countertops in the Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert areas.