Which Natural Stone Countertops are the Best?
When you think about natural stone countertops, you automatically think of granite or marble. There are numerous other varieties of natural stone countertops, each with their set of pros and cons.
Whether you are remodeling your kitchen, bathroom, or even your wet bar in the basement, you should compare all options for natural stone countertops, and pick the one that suits your budget and needs.
A Quick Comparison of Natural Stone Countertops
Deciding what material is best for your remodel comes down to your specific needs. Naturally, you have a budget. While your cost is essential, also consider the durability, maintenance, and overall construction of that countertop before you select it.
Here are just a few things to consider:
• Granite: Granite is a popular choice for natural stone. It offers high-heat and scratch resistance, and harsh chemicals will not etch the surface. Also, granite is easy to maintain, requiring sealing just once per year. If you want a genuine natural stone, granite is a good choice. Furthermore, granite comes in a variety of colours and patterns, including some that look like marble. Cost-wise, granite is relatively budget-friendly and adds value to your home.
• Marble: Marble is an elegant natural stone countertop that is also heat and scratch resistant. However, when your marble is not properly sealed, it is prone to stains. You cannot clean it with harsh chemicals because they will etch away the surface. Maintenance is more in-depth, which is why you should only pick marble if you can keep up with the maintenance. Lastly, colours and patterns are harder to find in marble, and you will not have as many choices.
• Quartz: Quartz is exceptionally durable, a manufactured product that it is unaffected by harsh chemicals, heat, and highly scratch resistant. It is also easy to maintain, no sealing required. It comes in a variety of colours and patterns to suit your kitchen scheme too.
• Soapstone: Soapstone offers a unique finish to your kitchen and bathroom, but it is a softer stone and scratches quickly; therefore, it is not ideal in high-traffic areas. It is one of the more expensive finishes as well.
• Porcelain: Porcelain countertops are not genuine natural stone. Instead, they are manufactured using ceramic, glass, and other materials. However, they are extremely easy to maintain. Colours and styles are limited.
• Solid Surface: Solid surface looks like natural stone, but it is made from acrylic resins. While you can find it in a variety of colours, it does not hold up as well as natural stone countertops for heat, harsh chemicals, or scratches. It is, however, a more affordable option.
• Butcher Block: When looking for an alternative to natural stone, or you want an accent piece for your kitchen island, butcher block is an excellent choice. While it can scratch and burn, you can repair it, and when placed in smaller areas, it is quite affordable too.
Find Your Ideal Natural Stone Countertops in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, St. Albert and Surrounding Cities Today
Whether you are looking for granite countertops, marble, quartz, or you want to accent with butcher block, PF Custom Countertops has the choices to complete your remodel.
Come to our showroom and see what natural stone countertops you can buy for your home in Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, and St. Albert.
You can also contact us online or call us at 888-484-0831 to ask a question about natural stone countertops.