Sintered Particle and Porcelain Tile Countertops in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert & Fort Saskatchewan
•Sintered Particle is an extremely hard material that is engineered similar to quartz. The difference is that there is very little glue present. The base minerals are compressed to a point where the pressure produces heat and almost melts the mineral together producing the hardest countertop material that we know of. In solid colors it is very pleasing, but the veined and patterned colors are not full bodied meaning the pattern/color is only on the surface and is not visible on the edges. Thickness available is only 2cm (3/4”) for countertops. Thinner slabs available by special order…usually used for other purposes.
•Large Format Porcelain Tile is the same as most tiles you can purchase to use as wall or floor, except they are really big….typically size is 5’ x 10’. Most of the large format tile available in Edmonton is marble looking with thickness from 3/8” up to 3/4 “. The fragility of the product makes it high risk. If a piece is bigger than one person can carry, it’s probably going to crack/break. Typically we are cutting the large format tiles into smaller more manageable sizes that are used for back splash instead of countertops.
The Many Benefits You Should Consider about Sintered Particle Countertops
If you like the look of solid colors and are looking for the toughest countertop available… sintered particle AKA Dekton should be your choice. When you are considering what type of material you’d like to use for your countertops in your home or business, here are some advantages of Dekton to help your decision:
• Maximum Resistance to fire and heat. Dekton withstands high temperatures without burning, scorching or cracking. Hot pots and appliances can be placed directly on the surface without damage.
• High Scratch Resistance. Dekton is the most scratch resistant surface on the market that we know of. You can cut directly on your Dekton countertop without worry of damage.
• UV Resistant. Dekton does not fade in direct sunlight making it a excellent choice for outdoor kitchens.
• Dekton comes in stunning colours. PF recommends the solid colors for countertops as the patterned colors are not full bodied. A full selection of colors can be seen in the PF showroom.
• Dekton comes with various surface finishes. Specific colors are currently available in different finishes like Extra High Gloss polish, textured and pebbled finish.
• Dekton comes in a generous slab size. Size is 56x126”
Visit Our Showroom for Fine Porcelain Stone Countertops in the Edmonton Area
Because porcelain countertops are still a relatively new concept for many Canadian home and business owners, it’s imperative that you find a professional contractor who has years of experience installing porcelain stone countertops for the protection of your investment. PF Custom Countertops has been a trusted countertop manufacturer in Edmonton and surrounding cities, including Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and Fort Saskatchewan, since 1969. Entrust our experts to help you find the right type of custom countertops for your home or business. We’ll thoroughly cover every aspect of your project from start to finish. Call PF Custom Countertops today to begin discussing the possibilities with a free in-home estimate or pay a visit to our showroom, featuring some of the best porcelain stone countertops in the Edmonton area. You won’t be disappointed!