Elevate your Countertops with Decorative Edges
How to Choose the Right Decorative Edge
Often the smallest details make the biggest difference. The edges of your countertop are no exception. Decorative edges can add a classic and elegant or a more sleek and modern look to your countertop. Keep in mind, these decorative edges not only serve to enhance the aesthetic of your space. From cleaning to safety, this seemingly small detail can also have a huge effect on the function of your space.
We offer many decorative countertop edges to choose from. Here are the options we provide and what you should know about each look:
- Eased - The eased edge offers the most modern look out of all the options we offer. Due to its simple and flat design, eased edges are often used in more contemporary homes and spaces. The corners of this style are “eased” for safety, by buffering an otherwise sharp edge. This style is the easiest to clean and will give the thickest look to your countertop.
- Round Top - The round top offers a traditional look and is suited to appeal to all design styles. This style is rounded at the top with a slightly sharper edge at the bottom. Safety is less of a concern due to the round top and cleaning is made simple, as there are no other extra details.
- Bevel Top - The bevel top is perfectly suited for more contemporary designs. The edge is sleek, flat, and modern, with an angle resting at 45 degrees. This decorative edge is easy to clean because of its flat design.
- Bullnose - The bullnose edge is one of the most popular options. The edge is rounded from top to bottom and adds a softness to your granite countertop and overall space. With a bullnose edge, you do not have to worry about spills making it onto the floor, as it follows the curve of your countertop. This decorative edge is also ideal for homes with small children because there are no sharp edges.
- Traditional Ogee - The traditional ogee edge is an ideal option if a classic design style is more appealing to you. Typically, this decorative edge has two curves and adds an elegant look to your countertop and overall space. There is more intricate detailing that goes into a traditional ogee edge, although it is still relatively easy to clean and maintain. This decorative edge will give your countertop the thinnest appearance.
- Ogee Over Bullnose - The ogee over bullnose combines the look of traditional ogee details with a bullnose edge. The combination of traditional ogee and bullnose gives your countertop a thicker appearance, unlike the basic traditional ogee. This style may require more attention but the value it adds to your home is worth it.
Complete your Countertop with Decorative Edges
Choosing a decorative edge detail is like putting the cherry on top of a cake. At PF Custom Countertops, we are proud to provide our decorative edge service to Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Edmonton, St. Albert, and surrounding areas. Work with our highly trained craftsmen to choose the right decorative edge for your countertop and give your home the “wow” factor. Choose from an assortment of granite countertops, marble countertops, natural stone countertops and quartz countertops for your kitchen and bathroom.
PF Custom Countertops offers an impressive assortment of decorative edges for your countertops. Contact us online or call us at 888-484-0831.