Caring for Your Granite Countertops
How to Properly Care for Your Granite Countertops
There is a lot of information and misinformation about how to care for your granite. After years of experience helping customers choose the right counters, the experts at PF Custom Countertops are here to outline the dos and don’ts of caring for your granite countertops in Edmonton. Here are a few ways to properly keep your granite glistening:
- Ensure proper installation – The best way to guarantee your granite counters will stay in good condition for longer is to hire professionals. PF Custom Countertops has a team of experts to create custom granite countertops and see the process through to installation. Make sure the granite is sealed when it is installed. You can check this by leaving a few drops of water on your counter. If the stone darkens, it should be sealed or resealed.
- Avoid harsh cleaners – Abrasive cleaners, rough sponges, Windex, ammonia or bleach will break down your counter’s sealant over time. Acidic cleansers such as vinegar or lemon will damage the seal and can interact with minerals present in some stones.
- Clean quickly – Take care of spills as soon as they happen. If they are left to sit, they can damage the counter.
- Use soap and water – Warm water, mild dish soap and a washcloth is the easiest and best way to wipe down your counter on a daily basis.
- Disinfect with alcohol – Granite countertops are fairly resistant to bacteria, making them a great option for kitchens and bathrooms. However, if you want more disinfecting power than soap and water, a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water can be sprayed on the counters and left to sit for 5 minutes before being rinsed and dried.
If you want to incorporate the low maintenance beauty of granite countertops into your kitchen or bathroom, contact the trusted countertop manufacturers in Edmonton. We offer custom designs, a variety of finishes and expert advice to residents in Sherwood Park and St. Albert. Come visit the showroom at PF Custom Countertops to see a huge selection of granite countertops. Not interested in granite? We have a wide range of countertop options available in solid surface, quartz, marble, and more.
Find your perfect bathroom or kitchen countertops at PF Custom Countertops in Edmonton. Call us toll-free at 888-484-0831 or contact us online today.